Privacy and Security
Cavendish Equipment Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK. The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
In general, you can visit us without revealing any personal information about yourself. We will analyse web site traffic to help us provide our customers with a better online experience and level of service.
To process an order we need to know your name, delivery and billing address, e-mail address and debit/credit card details. This allows us to process and fulfil your order. You have the option to withhold personal information that is not required for the order process. We use your personal information to notify you of your purchase and to send you updates of our products and services (unless you opted out). We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for credit/debit card validation during purchase.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information, which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation.
We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by logging into your account or by e-mailing email@example.com
In order to process credit/debit card transactions, the bank or card processing agency may require to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the EEA (European Economic Area). Your information will not be transferred outside the EEA for any other purpose.
We use a technology called a cookie, as almost all websites do, to provide you with the best website experience we can. Cookies are small pieces of data, which are used by your browser and stored locally on your computers hard drive.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Personalise our site to you to help you get what you need faster
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
- Making our shopping basket and checkout work
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Tailoring content to your needs
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.Visitor Statistics Cookies
If you have any questions about privacy please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org